09.09.2008 — Londonderry, NH — ECCO Introduces Spring/Summer 2009 Men’s Golf Collection.
Array of New Styles Feature Superior Quality, Fundamental Comfort, Richness of Design
(Londonderry, New Hampshire) – Danish shoemaker ECCO introduces its men’s golf collection for Spring/Summer 2009, showcasing the brand’s new Four Dots logo alongside superior materials, technologies and craftsmanship across a wide selection of classic and modern styles.
Featuring an uncommon richness of design, sleek profiles and subdued colors, all shoes in this luxurious collection are constructed using a proprietary direct-injection process that ensures the company’s hallmark durability and out-of-the-box comfort.
ECCO’s distinctive standard of excellence and technical sophistication is embodied by the new Ultra Performance™, which provides serious players with ideal stability, traction and flexibility.
Built around a perfect anatomical last that encapsulates the foot, Ultra Performance™ combines a cushioned, three-component insole unit and PU Lite wrap-around system for unmatched comfort and midsole support. Maximum playability is further guaranteed by a lightweight outsole with stability islands made from soft density flex areas and hard density traction zones.
“Comfort and performance are about more than features and benefits, they are a fundamental part of the ECCO philosophy,” says Michael Waack, Head of Global Golf at ECCO. “Our processes are completely unique, starting from designs built around the human foot and continuing through manufacturing entirely at ECCO-owned factories. The results are evidenced by this extraordinary collection.”
Guaranteeing a level of quality that cannot be matched by any major footwear manufacturer, each ECCO golf shoe is touched by more than 225 sets of highly-skilled hands during production. This labor-intensive process facilitates the brand’s unrivalled attention to detail that helps discerning players look, feel and play their best.
ECCO men’s golf shoes are worn in competition by scores of international Tour stars, including Fred Couples, Colin Montgomerie, Aaron Baddeley, Stuart Appleby, Thomas Bjorn, Arjun Atwal, Thongchai Jaidee, John Bickerton, Steven Jeppesen and others.
The Spring/Summer 2009 men’s golf collection features 39 models with highlights including:
* Colors: black; white; buffed silver
* Description: Golf’s most advanced outsole design enhances traction, reduces weight and ensures flexibility via a leading-edge stability system. This features a triple-density, multi-colored TPU outsole with a Visible Carbon Fiber Reinforced TPU shank that guarantees maximum performance.
* Description: Inspired by street fashion and ideal for players who want to turn heads with their shoes as well as their games, the Casual Cool II truly lives up to its name. These daring new styles feature distinctive colors and all the benefits of advanced ECCO technologies, including an innovative, hardwearing TPU outsole, weather-resistant leathers and superior shock absorption. A sleek, single-density, transparent TPU outsole and visible TPU foil color-matched to the upper combine with a new, low-profile direct-injected midsole for superb on-course performance and style.
* Description: A fusion of traditional style and modern technology, the Classic combines masterfully finished leather uppers with state-of-the-art ECCO comfort and performance. Outsoles engineered for enhanced lateral torque noticeably increase stability through all phases of the golf swing. Unrivalled cushioning and climate control are furnished by a new three component insole unit with an integrated heel stabilizer. A new, dual-density, multi-colored construction allows for soft TPU in the flex areas and extremely hard TPU in the grip and traction zones. Carbon textile enhances stability and overall technical appearance.
All ECCO golf shoes feature a network of built-in technologies to create the ideal platform for the perfect swing. These include a direct-injected, PU-constructed midsole/outsole that:
* Creates a one-piece shoe construction
* Ensures unrivaled durability, flexibility, lightness and weather resistance
* Provides a superior level of cushioning and comfort that does not break down over time, unlike commonly-used materials such as air, rubber and EVA foam
Optimal performance is further guaranteed by:
* Ultra-soft, high-grade leathers with hydrophobic treatments for superb weather-resistance
* Internal stabilizer to reduce torque and create ideal swing stability
* Double-layer insole with cushion that absorbs heel force to reduce stress on the knees, hips and back
* Internal Air-Circulation System to maintain a fresh, dry and cool foot environment
* Dynamic Energy Return System that provides a trampoline effect during foot-strike and follow-through to reduce fatigue and restore energy with each step
* Green-friendly outsole designs featuring molded traction bars combined with Stinger cleats from Champ and the Q-Lok insert system to provide ideal traction and grip
Founded in 1963 by Karl Toosbuy, ECCO has nearly 15,000 employees, direct subsidiaries in Europe, the Far East and North America, and partners worldwide. ECCO shoes are sold in more than 3,000 shops globally, including 687 mono-brand (ECCO exclusive) stores.
Following the rules of good craftsmanship to deliver genuine freedom of movement and comfort to consumers, ECCO’s aim has never been to be the biggest, but always to be the best.