The new ring emulates the unique design of the B.zero1 jewelry line, and is the second one-of-a-kind design created to benefit Save the Children, following the introduction of an all-silver ring in 2009. The new ring in silver and ceramic will also feature the Save the Children logo engraved on the inside. The ring will be sold from the Fall of 2010 through 2011 in BVLGARI stores worldwide, select department stores, and on BVLGARI’s e-commerce website (active in the USA) for €350 each, of which €60 will be donated to Save the Children.
BVLGARI will also host several special events beginning in the Fall of 2010, including an event in Los Angeles in October and one in Rome on November 3rd, to raise additional funds to support Save the Children. Events will also be held in Shanghai and Tokyo to support this commitment.
World renowned photographer Fabrizio Ferri will continue to be an active supporter of this initiative by donating his time and talent to shoot more celebrities wearing the new ring, beginning in July 2010 and continuing throughout 2011. Ferri’s artistic and emotional photo portraits capture the unique personality of each celebrity featured. Celebrities who have supported Bulgari’s commitment to support quality education for the world’s neediest children include: Sting, Ben Stiller, Willem Dafoe, Terence Howard, Ronaldinho, Jessica Biel, Olivia Wilde, Jason Lewis, Valeria Golino, Isabella Rossellini, and Debra Messing.
BVLGARI’s 2010-2011 commitment will help support key education programs through Save the Children such as teacher training and the Healing and Education through Art (HEART) program.
“Education has the power to transform lives, and yet access to a quality education is very limited for the 72 million children of primary school age who are not in school,” said Francesco Trapani, Chief Executive Officer of the BVLGARI Group. “I had the opportunity to see the effects of the earthquake when I visited Haiti in April, where an estimated 90 percent of the affected area’s already too few schools were destroyed or heavily damaged. With BVLGARI’s continuing commitment to Save the Children we are able to focus more resources in Haiti, while also supporting programs in the United States and at least 8 other countries, and really show the impact these dollars have on providing children a chance for a better future. Supporting teacher training and a program like HEART shows our customers the long-lasting legacy their support creates. A single teacher can educate hundreds of children over many years. A child who grows up in areas of conflict or natural disaster will not be fully equipped to learn and develop until he can address his difficult experiences and can heal emotionally. Both teacher training and the HEART program are two examples of how we can transform the futures of so many children in need. BVLGARI is very excited to see the difference our 2009 donation is already making in the lives of the world’s neediest children and look forward to continuing our support in the coming year.”
“By training teachers, Save the Children can provide communities with a sustainable resource for educating children year after year by developing high quality teachers through intensive lessons, follow-up, and by encouraging collaboration,” said Jasmine Whitbread, Save the Children’s CEO. “Many children living in challenging environments, especially the youngest, cannot find the words to explain what they have experienced or to express how they are feeling. The HEART program helps children heal by giving them the tools to express themselves creatively, and puts them on a path to reach their full potential in life. These are just two examples of how we are not only able to help children immediately but also build a sustainable resource that can help a community for many years to come.”
BVLGARI is one of the global players in the luxury market. In 2009 the Group posted a turnover of 926.6 million Euro. BVLGARI products are sold through a network of stores in the most exclusive shopping areas in the world and through select distributors. As of 31.12.2009 the number of BVLGARI stores in the world was 273 of which 166 are directly owned stores. BVLGARI has a product portfolio that ranges from jewels and watches to accessories and perfumes. The Group is controlled by the BVLGARI family, holding about 51.0% of the share capital. The remaining 49.0% is floating on the Milan Stock Exchange. For more information about BVLGARI please visit: http://www.bulgari.com/
SAVE THE CHILDREN is the world’s leading children’s rights organization, with 29 national Save the Children offices and operational programs in over 120 countries. Our vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. We deliver immediate and lasting improvements to children’s lives worldwide. For more information about Save the Children please visit: http://www.savethechildren.net/